Yesterday a bunch of us went to Zipaquira to visit the Salt Cathedral there. It was a lot of fun! Zipaquira is a nice little town to the north of Bogota. We got there with just enough time to visit the Salt Cathedral. You can also take a tour of the mine and I would like to explore the town a little more. (Hint, hint...come visit so I have another reason to go back!) The Cathedral is basically a series of crosses inside the salt mine. It felt a little like going into a crypt, but at the same time had a sort of calming effect.
Monday, August 20, 2012
Zipaquira
Things here in Bogota are definitely in full swing now. We're about to being our second week with kids. Fortunately both last week and this week are only four days because of holidays so we get to ease ourselves back into the school routine. Classes have been going really well. My schedule is amazing! I have the kids for 55 minutes at a time. We do a six day rotating specials schedule, which definitely has some pros and cons. I really like it because it means I won't miss the same classes every time there is a holiday on a Monday (which is a lot here). The downside is that there are some classes that I won't see every week. I think I'm going to end up liking it. It will just take some getting used to.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment