It is amazing what can happen in a week! Last Monday when I walked into my classroom for the first time, this is what I found. Keep in mind that the kids were scheduled to come in just over a week.
The carpet was torn up, instruments were everywhere and it smelled like paint fumes.
Tuesday was a holiday (Bogota's birthday) so I didn't go back to school until Wednesday. Here is what was waiting for me then.
In just two days, they had taken out the risers and put down the carpet.
Throughout the next few days, workers at CNG moved furniture for me, fixed parts of the wall that were coming apart and put a second coat of paint on the walls. They officially finished most of the work by Sunday afternoon. I spent all day Monday painting, cleaning and organizing. Finally by Monday evening, here's what I ended up with. Just in time for the first day of school on Tuesday!
I am SOOOOO Happy that you are finally in a room with a NEW, CLEAN (non-mold infested) carpet!! I and YOU can finally breath a sigh of relief!! Looks like you filmed an episode of "FLIP MY CLASSROOM"....can they come and flip mine??
ReplyDeleteLove your new room! I almost get goose bumps when I imagine all the lucky little ones that will sitting in that room, getting to experience our beloved music teacher. Happy for them.....(insert tears) sad for us.
Love following you on your blog!! :) Keep the pics coming! <3