Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Hi everyone!  I just thought I´d take a few minutes and write my first official blog from Colombia!  I arrived here yesterday at about 9:30.  From there it has been a worldwind!  Officials from the school met us at the airport and helped take us (there are 36 new international teachers) and all of our luggage to the hotel where we ate a very late dinner and went to sleep.  This morning we were picked up at the hotel and taken to Colegio Nueva Granada, which is where I´ll be spending my days for the next two or more years.  At CNG we filled out a bunch of paperwork and got cell phones.  Then they took us to our new apartments.  My apartment is a small 2 bedroom with 2 bathrooms.  It also has a small living room and a kitchen.  Overall it is very nice.  It has wood floors and what I´m assuming is a fireplace.  I´ll keep you posted on that one.  I will put pictures up as soon as I can.  Tomorrow we´re off to get our Colombia ID cards and do a little shopping.

5 comments:

  1. I can't wait to find out about this questionable fireplace!
    And also, LOVE the blog name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does your kitchen have a stove/oven? On House Hunters International they are always looking at apartments that only have a fireplace to cook on...wouldn't that be wild!
    And I second Katie's love of the blog name, very cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow great, I can't wait to hear more of your crazy adventures! That fireplace is even getting me wondering too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is officially a fireplace, but it doesn´t have a grate around it yet, so I haven´t used it. I do have a stove/oven, unfortunately the stove isn´t working yet and I haven´t tried the oven. Aparently it takes forever to get anything to cook here because of the high altitude. Thank goodness I bought a microwave during our shopping trip!

    ReplyDelete